Thursday, November 19, 2009

#9 Dave Chappelle


Where in the world is Dave Chappelle? No really where is he? He seems to have fallen off the map. Last I heard, he converted to Muslim (using the muslim conversion formula that you learn in statistics). Of course he no longer has a hilarious show on Comedy Central. He did not want the show to continue for personal reasons. He now just has a hilarious show that is in syndication.


Dave Chappelle is hilarious. In fact, he is one of the funniest stand up comedians ever. He makes fun of white people, yes, but he also makes fun of black people so its ok. I love it does that. He uses this voice that just.... hard to describe. Of course, the main topics of his routine are sex, drugs, and more drugs.


Dave Chappelle starred in a movie that was all about drugs, in particulary marijuana. 'Half-Baked' is about four stoner friends. One of their friends gets thrown in jail for some very weird reason, and they have to raise enough money to bail him out. How do they raise the money? By selling weed of course. Where does he get this weed? A lab, of course. It's a fun flick. I would like to note that I am NOT a stoner. That doesn't mean I can't find it funny though.


Dave Chappelle may not be the best role model though, and for good reason: because of his illegal drug use (note I said illegal; if your in Amsterdam its ok). He also talks disrespectfully about authority. But bottom line is, he is funny.


So why would I wish to meet Dave Chappelle? He seems like a friendly guy, and so meeting him might be a pleasant experience. He could make me laugh. If I were to ever become a muslim, only Dave Chappelle could convince me too. Laughter is quite a powerful tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment