Sunday, November 22, 2009

#6 James Rolfe


What does Philadelphia make you think of? Cheese steaks, Rocky, the Liberty Bell, Ben Franklin, and many other historical figures. For me though, Philadelphia makes me think of an independent American filmmaker by the name of James Rolfe.

If your big on Internet memes, then you should know who the Angry Video Game Nerd is. He is a reviewer of old, bad video games from various game systems. He is quite funny in that these games frustrate him so bad that he curses quite regularly, which is a staple of the show. If you haven’t heard of him you should check him out.

The AVGN (as he is frequently abbreviated) is only just a character of his. Rolfe also makes all kinds of short films, from zany comedies to serious horror flicks. Most of them are cheesy and bloodily edited, but thats his style and I like it. He has a website, cinemassacre.com, which has all of the films he’s made.

Speaking of his website, he also often posts video reviews and tributes to some of his favorite movies. The guy is a true film buff and hardcore horror fan. He doesn’t mess around.

I hope to one day meet him, which might actually be a possibility, unlike the other people on this list. He goes to these gaming conventions where he has a huge following. In fact that's his main target audience, gamers. Especially gamers who like older games, hence the Angry Video Game Nerd.

If I ever meet him, I will ask him to go see Twilight New Moon with me so we can make fun of that awful piece of garbage. Yes, I said its awful. I can’t believe it got so many awards from teens, while Batman gets nothing. But at the end of the day, what will we remember 20 years from now?

No comments:

Post a Comment