Tuesday, November 24, 2009

#1 James Hetfield


Oh boy, we are finally at number one on the countdown of the top ten people I want to meet. Its been a long journey, and we have learned much. But now it must come to an end. And what a better way to end than with the greatest frontman of all time: James Hetfield!
I love Metallica. I LOVE Metallica. They are the greatest metal band of all time hands down. They have many great songs from Master of Puppets, One, Enter Sandman, For Whom The Bell Tolls, and so on.
But lets talk about James. Man does that guy stomp tail. He plays the guitar, drums, piano, and he does the vocals. He is a very talented individual. Not only is he talented, but he also is very relatable. He is not afraid to be open and honest with his fans about his problems. He is very open to the fans. Ever since his struggle with alcoholism and his rehab time, he has been very good about letting fans share there stories with him.
I heard Hetfield mention how a fan would go up to him and say that his dad had died and he wanted to kill himself but then he listened to Fade To Black and that helped him. In fact, Metallica's music as a whole is relatable, covering a wide range of topics.
So would I do if I met Mr. Hetfield? Well, I would share my own story with him. I would share how when I feel down and depressed or angry, I plug in Metallica to help me pass my troubles. And I think thats why I have been so attracted to the band is because of my own conflicts.
I would also go out and buy a copy of my favorite album, Master of Puppets, and have him sign it. It would be one of my most cherished possessions. In fact, if you ever want to check out anything by Metallica, dear God make it Master of Puppets. Its simply great. Also here is the best music video ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment