Monday, November 23, 2009

#4 Shigeru Miyamoto


This is very my list gets really nerdy, but I digress. I'm really into video games, especially ones of the old school flavor. But do you ever think of the people behind these games? For most people, probably not. But for me, a great fan of video games, it does. They are the driving force behind great games or bad games.
Like directors or writers, there are ones that are greater than others. There are many great game designers (Hideo Kojima for one), but there is one who is higher and better than the rest. His name is Shigeru Miyamoto. Never heard of him? I'm sure you've heard of his games.
Lets start off with the most famous game he made: Super Mario Bros. Yep, thats right. He designed that game. That is why, in the game industry, he considered one of the greatest game designers if not the greatest.
Mr. Miyamoto also created another one of the greatest games ever: The Legend of Zelda. Oh yes oh yes! What a great game with all the secrets and dungeons and items, it's a stone cold classic. He said he based it off the adventures he used to have as a kid. Pretty interesting. I never knew that kids in Japan had to deal with giant monsters on there way to school.
So why would I want to meet him? Do you really have to ask? I would like to meet the man that made my favorite video games. I would like to see what its like to chill with such a creative individual. I would probably be star struck. He's short, but he looks like he could make you feel shorter if you were to meet him (and knew who he was). So I would probably just ask for his autograph on my copy of Super Maro Bros. 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment