Tuesday, November 24, 2009

#2 Maddox





First of all I would like to apologize to Maddox for not putting him on top of the list. Second of all I would like to beg for mercy from Chuck Norris for not including him at all. I bow in reverence before thee.Now that I have that out of the way and am not dead (yet), I
would like to talk about the funniest blogger there is, Maddox. Seriously this guy is great and so is his blog. Don't believe me? Well it doesn't matter because Maddox is always right. In fact, his web address is entitled thebestpageintheuniverse.com. Seriously.
But now that I'm done waxing about how great he is, I would like to discuss the nature of his website. Maddox uses a form of humor that is now known as fratire. It's what you might call man humor, but done a tongue and cheek manner. He sounds serious, but he really isn't.
One instance of this humor is on one of his most famous articles, which is about how he is better than your kids. He took real art pictures done by children and made fun of there artistic inability. That may not sound funny when put that way, but when you read the article with an open mind for humor, it can be quite hilarious.
But, some of his views (fake or not) actually make a lot of sense. In one article he ripped into the whole 'African American' issue. No, he didn't comment on blacks. He actually stays away from racist humor. No instead he talked about how ridiculous it is to entitle black people in such a way. It really is ridiculous to call all blacks African American, because many don't have ancestry from there. He pointed out that its actually more prejudice to say that than black because you are assuming that that's where they come from.
He has been around since the 90's, so he has a great deal of hilarious content on his site. But the best thing about it is his lack of ads and his sites simple layout. It was the inspiration for my own layout.
Why would I want to meet him? I wouldn't actually. I would probably look him in the eye by accident and then he would remove my heart from my chest. No eye contact is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment