Sunday, November 22, 2009

#7 John Cleese


"Its just a flesh wound!" These are the infamous words of the Black Knight from 'Monty Python and the Holy Grail'. This is of course after having his armed chopped off. The Black Knight is one tough cookie.
I'll always remember that scene. In a movie filled with memorable scenes, this one sticks out the most. The man who plays the Black Knight is none other than british comedian John Cleese. Cleese, just like the other cast members, plays many roles in the movie.
I think he was one of the funniest pythons. He has also played in a number of other roles. One of my favorites is when he played in 'A Fish Named Wanda' alongside fellow python Michael Palin and the gorgeous Jamie Lee Curtis. That was a great flick too.
If I ever meet John Cleese, I'll ask him a number of questions. The first thing I'll ask him is what it was like to work on the Monty Python movies. Those movies are some of the funniest movies to ever come from Great Britain. I wonder if Cleese knows what the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow is.
The second question I would ask him is how they ended up having an American in the cast. Its really quite odd when you think about it. Of course he went on to direct the last movie that Heath Ledger was in...
If I had the opportunity, I would like to be able to sit down with him and watch some of his movies, just so that I could gain insight into what went on during filming. That sort of thing really peaks my interest. I might asked him if he was ashamed to be in 'Die Another Day'. That movie was terrible, unlike Cleese who is a terrific actor. Which reminds me, I would also ask him if he will be in the next Bond film. Judi Dench managed to be in the reboot so it does seem possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment